Monday, June 19, 2006

The Chronicles of Vinayak : The Weekday, the Weekend and the Draught Beer

Life is one big vicious routine right now. Except for the odd trip that I make here and there, the title of the post pretty much sums up my life. Here is a blow-by-blow account on how the holy cow lives his life:

The average weekday : Wake up at 5:45. Fight with mum before doing so, trying make convincing argument, for why I should NOT be going jogging. Common excuses range from the beliveable "It just rained, roads will be flooded" to "Cant you see I'm fighting dragons?". Then realise a fully awake Mother's logical reasoning cannot be matched by feeble protests. Get ready by 6:15 and set out for the ritual. Come back by 6:45 and take quick bath followed by stuffing food in mouth. Leave for work at 7 am (yes, 7!), reach office by 8 and settle into the seat. 8 - 12:15 [total memory loss] 12:15 - 1 lunch 1 - 5:15 [total memory loss]. Back home by 6:30. Now, I have to give credit to the powers-that-be at my workplace. By altering the time table a bit (from the erstwhile 9-6 to the present 8-5 system), they have ensured that we dont have to face the full fury of peak hour Bangalore traffic. Once back home, watch movie on DVD, play some badminton with friends, eat healthy dinner, and get into bed by 9:30. Repeat the same for 5 days a week. How does it sound?? Not very interesting, ain't it?

The average weekend : Lemme try my hand at coding and expressing an average weekend. (I'm faced with a peculiar situation here. I know that the world knows me as a Software engineer. But my job isn't the typical SE kinda thing. Gives rise to the Chandler Bing situation when people ask me about what I do...Don't blame me if the code does not make sense)

void weekend();
{
if( day == "Saturday")
{
if (DVD_req == "TRUE")
goto National_Market;
else Stay_at_home;
}
if( day == "Saturday" && time =="Evening")
{
if ( Money_in_hand && Company == "True" )
goto Pub_playing_loud_music;
else Stay_at_home;
}
if( day == "Sunday")
Send_time_with_the_gurl;
else Live_to_Repent;
}

The Draught Beer : Life is rosy. It finally seems like there's a reason to live. Hallelujah. (Strictly Saurday nights only. Or maybe the (more than) occasional Weekday.)



4 comments:

Harsha said...

*GOLD*

And I being a programmer cant help noticing the fact that main() is missing ;)

and here you go...

void main()
{
weekend();
}

and if you send that for the code review they'll give you a load of shit for missing out on indentation. :)

Harsha said...

goto National_Market;

Goto's are a strict no no in the code as well...

I know I'm being a jerk... I do it for a living ... and I get this kinda shit all the time :)

Akshay said...

Dude not bad I hope the next time we meet you will be a lot more fitter. God Bless !!!

BTW spend_time_with_the_gurl should be correct i guess. Write me an email on whats happening man. I am totally out of sync with the world but my life is surely not as mundane.

Vinayak said...

@bev

Thanks. I do remember some stuff like spaghetti coding etc. But, like they say in my part of the world, WGAF :P

@akshay
one email comin up :)