Thursday, January 19, 2006

Moving On

Hooray...now there's another song which I can continuously keep lstening to, without tiring of it. I wonder what it is about songs speaking of loneliness that attracts me to them. Sure as heck, I'm not the lonely types, but anyways, this song's called "Yeh Hai Meri kahaani" (This is my story) from the movie Zinda. It goes something like this:

This is my story
Of my silent lonely life
The silence speaks to me
Asking me why I bear these injustices

A story very old
Told in the language of loneliness
Every wound of mine is flowering
And it says something to me

I choose from an offering of thorns
I stay alive when I'm surrounded by collapsing walls

Moving on, I found a pic of my class from PUC on the web, and it brought back a flood of memories from the best two years of my student life.



I will soon post my comments about the political turmoil happening currently in our state. Watch this space for more

6 comments:

Dev said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dev said...

Watched Zinda.. in Platinum, no less.. :( ....

Sin City spoiled me dude... Found this pretty disappointing. Well, since it was 30 bucks only :D, well worth the money, even tho the theatre sucks big time. 'Yeh hai meri kahani' was alone worth it. Keep listening to this all the time now. :D

Love ur translation!!!

P.S Sorry for deleting the earlier comment.. hit the publish button by mistake after typing half :)

Vinayak said...

@Dave
I concur about your views on Zinda, specially the song :)
Guess after seeing Sin City, all this looks like poppycock. Good news though, there's a sequel coming out to Sin City :)

Anonymous said...

When did u pass out of canara pu ? which year ?

dharmu said...

hey, i think adding Ek Ajnabee, Kaliyug and Aapaharan will be worth it. My personal recomendation!!

Vinayak said...

@ arjun
I passed out in 2000. 2nd science B :)

@ Dharmu
Irrelevant posting, wrt to the topic under discussion...But i will pay heed to your reco and watch these movies :)