I claim no originality in this post. This is done purely to raise awareness about the Coalition against Corruption.
I also request other bloggers from bangalore to take note of this organization, and raise awareness among the people. Bribery is the scourge of this country, and must be combated against. This is a step in the right direction
Objectives of CAC
CAC is a campaign involving citizens to fight against corruption in government departments and agencies. Under the aegis of Public Affairs Centre, (PAC), five dedicated non-profit organizations in Bangalore have come together to establish a HELPLINE which would provide assistance to citizens in the redressal of their complaints and grievances relating to corruption faced from public departments and agencies. CAC will address corruption in public utilities and departments by bringing social and moral pressure on the impugned agencies (and corrupt officials) through an established citizen-friendly process.
Modality of Functioning
- The affected citizens may register their complaints with CAC by filling up a brief factual statement, or online, or by telephone. In the latter cases, the complainants will be required to follow up with written complaints, in order to authenticate their identity.
- CAC will forward the complaints to the appointed nodal officers in the departments and agencies concerned for taking remedial action. These should be based on actual demands for illegal gratifications, or where their requests for services are unduly delayed or denied, with the apparent motive to canvass illegal gratifications.
- CAC will follow up the complaints in case responses are unavailable for a reasonable time, or are not satisfactory, by phone calls or meeting the nodal officers / higher authorities in the departments and agencies concerned, as required. The complainants will be informed of the progress of their cases appropriately.
-CAC will give publicity through media to the complaints received and action taken.
Undoubtedly, the success of CAC will depend on the effective participation of willing and alert citizens. Transparency International (India) has listed Karnataka as one of the most corrupt states in the country. It is essential to reverse this trend through determined efforts and people participation. It is envisaged that:
- The social and moral pressure built up by CAC will act as a deterrent against corruption. CAC will enlist the support of the media and eminent citizens for the campaign against corruption.
- CAC will educate the public through awareness campaigns to stand against corruption. CAC will resort to the provisions of the Right to Information Act (RTI), where appropriate.
- The databank and data analyses to be undertaken by CAC will be disseminated to the government agencies, Lok Ayukta, and to the public.
Departments and Agencies covered
To start with, CAC will cover the following nine departments and agencies located in Bangalore.
Bangalore Mahanagar Palike (BMP);
Bangalore Development Authority (BDA);
Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB);
Bangalore City Police (BCP);
Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM);
Stamps & Registration Department and
Department of Health (Hospitals).
In addition, CAC will also address specific instances of corruption, reported by affected citizens, in other departments and agencies, on a case-by-case basis.
CAC will start with one centre located at the office of the PAC, at No.422, VI Block, 80 Feet Road, Koramangala. Additional centres will be opened in the subsequent phases at different localities in Bangalore.
For additional information on CAC, and to register your complaints and grievances, please contact:
Timings: 2:30 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.(Monday to Friday)
Coalition Against Corruption (CAC) Centre,
C/O Public Affairs Centre,No.422, VI Block, 80 Feet Road, Koramangala, Bangalore, 560095.
PAC Tel. Numbers:25537260/25520246/25525452/25525453
Email to: email@example.com Website: www.pacindia.org